Location: West Hollywood, California
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute (TLPI) is an American Indian owned and operated non-profit corporation organized to design and deliver education, research, training, and technical assistance programs that promote the improvement of justice in Indian country and the health, well-being, and culture of Native peoples. TLPI focuses upon collaborative programs that provide critical resources for tribal court systems, victim’s assistance programs, violence against women programs, and others involved in promoting the improvement of justice in Indian country. For more information please visit www.home.tlpi.org.
The Publication Support Specialist is a full-time position responsible for a range of duties that support the development, coordination and printing of resource materials, publications, outreach materials and other written documents produced by TLPI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties for this position include:
- Lead point of contact for document projects and tasks
- field and coordinate requests for document projects with appropriate TLPI program and administrative staff
- prioritize requests based on deadlines or priorities identified by Executive Director and/or Deputy Director
- Development of original materials for trainings, meetings, conferences, events, presentations, social media efforts, and TLPI marketing materials
- materials may include flyers, brochures, announcements, binder covers and spines, Facebook posts, Constant Contact emails, power point presentations, letterhead, business cards, and other internal documents
- Publication development support including but not limited to:
- assisting with formatting and layout of document
- proofreading (identifies and corrects typos)
- inserting graphics
- converting files into pdf documents
- version control
- tracking changes
- developing covers
- creating table of contents
- inserting page numbers
- inserting footnotes
- adheres to TLPI document approval process and legal requirements relating to original copy, duplication, printing, software and font, etc.
- Maintain, adhere to and further develop the TLPI style guide
- Printing coordination including but not limited to:
- coordinates printing needs and timeline for delivery with project staff
- lead responsible for in house printing of materials
- lead responsible for outsourcing printing jobs to printing vendors (obtains bids, selects vendors, inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards, tracks expenses and billing details for printing projects)
- Prepare meeting materials for trainings, meetings, conferences, events including but not limited to:
- lead responsible for coordinating assembly of materials
- prepare and coordinate shipment of materials to and from trainings, meetings, conferences or event venue
- Maintain TLPI printed material inventory
- keep accurate count of on-hand printed materials
- record and track printed material dissemination for project reporting purposes
- Maintain and regularly update document filing system using tools like Dropbox and SharePoint
- Assist with special tasks or projects as needed (examples: website content updates, onsite assistance at trainings, meetings, conferences, or events)
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, telephone)
- Extreme attention to detail and quality
- Ability to follow through with projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and recognize urgent due dates
- Experienced with problem solving / critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly grasp organizational processes, requirements, and objectives
- Rapid adaptability to a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Ability to anticipate and think forward
- Ability to coordinate with a team to complete a project
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing or related bachelor’s degree that demonstrates a strong foundation in writing.
Preferred: three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant software is required. Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat or other PDF editing tools required. Demonstrated ability to incorporate charts and graphics into documents is required. Experience with Wix, Constant Contact, Mailchimp is highly desired.
Writing / Editing Skills:
Strong ability to format and layout written text. Demonstrated ability to review text for accuracy and consistency of content.
Project Management Skills:
Ability to serve as the main point of contact for document requests and coordinate with a team to complete a project/ task. Ability to prioritize tasks accordingly. Ability to plan, think ahead and anticipate deliverable dates. Ability to see a project/ task through to completion and communicate progress and status throughout the lifecycle of a project/task.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range based on qualifications and experience. TLPI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life, 403 B retirement, supplemental insurance, vacation and sick leave pay.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit:
2) a one-page cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your experience and explain how you are qualified based on the qualifications listed in this announcement.
Submit your application via email to Jessica Harjo, Operations Director, at Jessica@tlpi.org. All inquiries should be directed via email to Jessica@tlpi.org. No phone call inquires will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application deadline: March 16, 2020
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Tribal citizens, women, and persons of color are encouraged to apply.