OVW Fiscal Year 2014 Violence Against Women Bakken Region Initiative: Enhanced Response to Victims Application Guidelines (Invitation Only) – OVW is launching a special initiative to address violence against women, including sexual and domestic violence and stalking, within the Bakken region. Supported by funding from the OVW Rural Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking Grant Assistance Program (Rural Program), the OVW Violence Against Women Bakken Region Initiative: Enhanced Response to Victims (Bakken Region Initiative) will support projects that are designed to address the unique challenges faced by victims, responders, and serve providers within this rural region, including challenges of geographic isolation, transportation barriers, economic structure, high cost of living, homelessness, and other social and cultural pressures. OVW encourages applicants to implement innovative approaches, through capacity-building and partnerships, to address the critical needs of victims in this region.
Eligible entities for this program are:
- First Nations Women’s Alliance in North Dakota
- Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes of the Fort Peck Indian Reservation in Montana
- The North Dakota Council on Abused Women’s Services
- The Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation North Dakota
The deadline for submitting applications in response to this solicitation is 11:59 p.m. E.T. on May 28, 2014.